A7- Performance Art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fXkinBSMGA

After being shown many performances by Marina Abramović, I was very moved. Her work speaks wonders, doing even the simplest of things. I like that she's mostly allowing other people to do things in her work, seeing what human kind's potential lives up to be. Some other artists that inspired my work are Yoko Ono in her investigating identities and Chris Burden. Burden was bold and always too risks, something that I hoped to do in my performance. Flesh will be my communication in my video, as the words written on my body will speak louder than I could ever do. People don't always see how someone feels from the outside, it takes a message as big as writing it with markers for people to get the point and see what's really going on. I think this was a healthy exercise for people to think about the feelings we get from technology. Unfortunately, not many people came by on campus since it was a quieter Sunday here. People passing by on boats gave me some weird looks, but the all the girls passing by weren't hesitant to write how they felt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post B4- Stage Door

Final Project- Video Art